Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monday Mingle...on Tuesday :)

Not only did I miss Monday Mingle last week *sigh* but I am a day late this week...AND I am also not on video yet. So, I will make preparations for next week to be on video..For now I hope reading it is equally as enjoyable.

For details on our recent changes to Cute Like Me please check out my blog post HERE.

Here's my Monday Mingle :)



1. Someone tells you that you have the whole day off and gives you $1,000 to do as you please. What do you do?
 Ooo, the WHOLE day off?? That would be divine...It would actually be pretty difficult to decide. In so many ways I would love a whole day to myself....and in so many other ways I'd love to spend the day with just Brent....I suppose the great thing is I could really have both...so here's what I would do :) A friend of mine told me that when she was in university, one of her professors told her class that his wife kept a trunk full of gifts - and every so often when she would pass someone that looked like they were having a difficult day or just needed a pick me up, she would pass them a gift. I've always loved this idea and have wanted to do something similar. So first on my list would be to take a portion of the money and stock up on some fun gifts for *random acts of kindness*. I would buy myself a nice pair of lulu's (would be my first pair!!!) - as they are currently high on my wish list (as in #1). I would indulge in a fabulous side by side massage with my darling husband - ideally it would be my aunt Carla and my cousin, Kari who would do the massages. And I think honestly a nice dinner with Brent. Oh AND I would jump over to Toys R Us or Walmart and stock up on games to play as a family.....and  a few items of clothing for Brent and I (trust me, my kids have enough...besides the day is about me remember. lol) :) 

2. Who would play you in a Lifetime movie about yourself? Oo this is a good one...I'm not entirely sure actually. Perhaps Alexis Bledel or maybe Jennifer Love Hewitt?? I have been told I look like Sally Field when she was younger....and when Kelly Clarkson was on American Idol I had many people comment on our similar characteristics and mannerisms.....it would kind of fun actually to have a Lifetime movie made - as long as I had creative license to oust certain parts. LOL
 
3. We're in the technology age. What is your favorite technological innovation? What one do you think is just useless? Well considering I don't have a cell phone (can you believe it!!!) it's not obviously one of my favorites. I do love the computer and the way it helps network people from all over...helps me keep in touch, though I have to be honest, there's nothing quite like a handwritten card or letter. But I think my favorite technology innovation is movies....so the video camer/video machines....the ability to create movies and such and curl up and fall into a whole different world for a while is something I've always enjoyed. I rarely even go to the movies, and renting them is also a rarity in our house.....but I LOVE when I get the chance. :) I don't know that I think any of the inventions are completely useless - it seems we can turn anything into a necessity, though I will say this...I wish they would quit making new video machines and just perfect the ones we have...I'm happy with VHS and DVD - let's make them as great as possible so we don't render all the stuff we currently have useless....
 
4. What is your favorite funny childhood memory? My Grandma used to own a hotel in Ferintosh, Alberta. It was a regular occurance to get together with cousins and aunts, etc...and just enjoy time together and help Grandma with her duties (well the aunts did - us kids just played!). I remember riding around on bikes with my cousin, Radelle playing cops and robbers. We were about 7-8 I think. We *parked* at a retirement home as part of our game and were sitting there chatting when all of a sudden a hallogen light that had been leaning against the outside fell and shattered. Seriously - we had NOTHING to do with it....Out came a sweet old lady wondering what had happened (I wonder now if they were watching us - I can't imagine they could have heard this light break??). We were so flustered and embarrassed and trying to convince this lady we did not break the light but that we would clean it up. She agreed and so we swept it up. Then we asked if there was anything else they needed help with....and they put us to work...wiping, dusting, and vacuuming. Afterwards she offered to pay us. My cousin, Radelle - clearly much more generous than I was at that age lol - was insistent they not pay us - consider it service. Apparantly she was waiting for me to jump on board and confirm that we did not need nor expect any compensation for helping out. We were happy to do it (and we were). But I never did....I kind of left Radelle on her own little island of service. haha...But we only took half the money this sweet lady was offering....anyways, this story makes me laugh and smile....and I almost wish we had made it a tradition to go help out there everytime we visited the hotel.

5. What is/was your favorite Kool-Aid/Jello flavor? One you hated? I love Jell-O. Period. All flavours...but my favorite is probably raspberry....check out my cooking blog HERE for a fabulous Jell-O recipe that is sooo scrumptious, and pretty :) (and easy - sets in ONE HOUR!!!)

Check out more *Monday Mingles* HERE and let me know if you do your own! Have a great week everyone!
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online