Sunday, February 7, 2010

KID BASIX - Review


My kitchen cupboard is filled with sippy cups - all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colours....trying to find *the perfect* one. Some leak too easily, others are too difficult to drink from - and of course when our kids chew the spout to smithereens (don't you just hate that!), there's no hope of getting any liquid out *sigh*. It's quite a process actually, to find one that really does the trick.

I've been eyeing the Safe Sippy products for a while now at a local store and always wondered if in fact it was worth it. They aren't overpriced by any means, but it does feel like a bit of a splurge when you're used to spending just $5 on one. I was ecstatic when the opportunity to review a product from Kid Basix came up. I chose The Safe Sporter™ in Fuchsia (though I also REALLY like the Sea Green colour in the 16oz size) for my daughter to take to Kindergarten. It's a HUGE hit and Brooklyn loves taking it to school. I love it too because I don't have to worry about it leaking all over - *bonus* and, while I put hers in a pouch on the side of her backpack,  it is the perfect size for a lunch kit too.

In a world awash in plastic bottles, The Safe Sporter™ is a leap forward with a well thought out sustainable and untilitarian design. It is their small contribution to a healthier, greener world. The Safe Sporter™ bottle features:
  • 12 ounces, perfect for kids’ lunchboxes
  • Single-walled design to make it light weight, maximize capacity and lower carbon footprint
  • BPA and phthalate free
  • Wide-mouth for easy cleaning and ice cube use
  • Hinged mud cap, to keep the spout clean
  • Easy pull sports spout
  • TPR sleeve to protect hands from cold liquids
  • Plastic coaster to protect the bottle from dents
  • Dishwasher safe
I love it - for all of these reasons and more. I am definitely going to be purchasing one for her little brother, though I may opt for one of The Safe Sippy™ designs instead. I've been wanting to clear out our kitchen cupboard anyways and just keep a few  - these definitely fit the bill.

Bret from Kid Basix told me recently that he (and the whole Kid Basix *family*) thinks that the Safe Sporter is the *best sippy on the market*.....I can see why! And it's clear that each of their products is well thought out, with each detail perfected, providing you with a beautiful and high quality sippy. It is worth EVERY penny - I am THRILLED with our Safe Sporter™ and love that it's more like a water bottle as opposed to a sippy. If your little one isn't big enough for a sippy yet and still prefers a bottle, don't fret....The Safe Starter™ is the perfect choice! It's adorable (yes, that matters! lol) and has even been called *The worlds' coolest baby bottle*!!!

If you are looking to purchase one yourself, check out their list of retailers HERE  or place an order online HERE - Free Shipping on orders over $50!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online