Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Out of the Box Sampler - Review (AND SALE!!!)


I blogged about this company on my Cute Like Me Blog after my contribution had been you tube'd by a customer! How exciting is that - she loved the hair clip so much she video'd her daughter wearing it. Turns out, this particular clip happens to be the exact colours of her school uniform - excellent! 

I absolutely love this idea. In business since 2006, Out of the Box Sampler helps bring together buyers and sellers in the world of *handmade*.  So if you are tired of searching for the best candles, bath and body products, jewelry, gourmet goodies, and other handmade items, let them do the work for you. 

Each month boxes are filled to the brim with 15-17 different businesses' samples for you to enjoy. The boxes are overflowing with items like melts, scrubs, candles, gourmet foods, jewelry, coupons, and much much more. All from some of the best *e-tailers* on the web.

I was thrilled when Michelle offered a sample box for review - I love finding new companies. February's sponsor list was huge and my box was definitely full of fun items. I've only had the chance to try a few so far but I am definitely impressed. The first to be tested (and tasted) was the gourmet popcorn from Michele's Sweet Shoppe. A perfect individually sized bag of Choco Caramel Coconut popcorn awaited our tastebuds. I'm not generally a fan of chocolate so I passed the bag to a friend and my husband to try. HEAVEN...though my friend nearly polished off the whole bag herself, she did insist that I have one taste. It was seriously delicious and we immediately checked out the website to see the other flavors....there are some yummy sounding ones for sure.

I was also really excited to find a small bath bomb/fizzer from Bathgasm as my kids and a friend used up NINE large bath bombs about a month ago in ONE bath....oh yes they did (they really did smell pretty amazing after though lol). So one Sunday after church I immediately locked myself in the bathroom for a delicious bath sans kids. And it was perfect! I loved the sample size of the bath fizz - I usually take a hammer to the large ones and just a piece for each bath. And the smell was soooo nice. When the time comes that I take the plunge and buy more bath fizzes not only will I be hiding them better, but Bathgasm is certainly a store I'll be checking out.

I also tried the Spicy Taco Seasoning from Lip Smackin' Creations and both my friend and I were THRILLED. It was really delicious - it's always kind of fun to have a specialty product to use. Sometimes they have that extra little kick that makes everything taste just that much better. Check out her etsy store for everything from spices to pancake mix to dessert. If her taco seasoning is any indication, you are certain to be THRILLED!
I definitely have more to test out and will be writing reviews along the way - hopefully some will also include giveaways. But certainly check out Out of the Box Sampler for an assortment of great items. Some may be filled with a few similar items (bath products for example) but I actually love that...I can try products from a few companies and compare. In addition, I think this is a great purchase if you want to have some fun little gifts on hand. Or purchase one to send to a friend for their birthday - what an awesome gift AND you don't have to take care of the packing or the shipping! It's brilliant! And how adorable is the packaging - I'm not sure why exactly but I LOVE these boxes.....

Now you  may be wondering how much something like this will cost. In the USA not only is shipping FREE, but right now the box is just $22.50!!! And for Canadian orders, shipping is just $10 for a total of $32.50. I really don't think you can beat that. 

So take a minute to check out their March box...and of course, let me know if you get one! I'm going through the list of March sponsors right now and am seriously tempted to get one myself. LOL 

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online