Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mellonmonkeys - Review

Every once in a while I take some time and go through my favorite stores on etsy. It's either a store I've purchased from or one I saw an item from that caught my eye. I've taken a few moments to do just that and am I ever glad. I'm excited about this shop all over again! Based out of Rexbourg, Idaho, these two stay at home moms have really come up with some adorable items.

This is the dress that first caught my eye. Seriously, this photo just makes me smile. I went for a little browse through the Mellonmonkeys shop and came across some other fabulous items and ideas. I've loved pillowcase dresses for a while but haven't gotten my act together to either buy or make one. I have a feeling this may change in the very near future. I love them - and how adorable is this one in the spring *jelly bean* fabric!

Don't worry though - it's not just for girls. Mellonmonkeys also offers items for boys - YAY!!!. When Jonah was little I had him in onesies with a tie applique on them. They were sooo cute, but now that's he's 2 1/2 (and has been out of onesies for a looooong time) I think a *real* tie is in order. Well imagine my excitement when I saw these awesome ties - and the options! I'm so excited! Oh wait, it gets even better! Not only do they do adorable ties BUT even more adorable tie and dress sets...perfect for my kids. How fun is this going to be to have coordinating outfits. I can't wait for family photos - I'm so going to order a set....but the question is, will I be able to stop at just one. LOL Am I the only one picturing family reunion photos?

One of the other things that I love is the affordable pricing AND shipping, even to Canada. I absolutely detest spending a fortune on shipping  and Mellonmonkeys makes sure that doesn't happen.

If you are interested in making a pillowcase dress yourself, check out their DIY (do it yourself) kits HERE and their fabric etsy shop HERE. They certainly make it easy! While I love making things myself, I also know my *to do list* is long and at the risk of adding yet another project to it, I'm planning on simply ordering in the near future. I will definitely update you all on my experience! In the meantime, feel free to check it out. Not only is their feedback 100%, but the comments left will give you nothing but confidence in ordering from Mellonmonkeys!

Don't forget to check out their BLOG and you can also follow them on FACEBOOK!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online